Monday, May 21

BEST YA (SO FAR!) OF 2012

Well, the best of the books I've read so far at least. Here goes:

EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS, by A.S. King. Lucky Linderman has dreams that take him away - literally - from his bullied existence to Vietnam where he meets up with his MIA grandfather.

WHY WE BROKE UP, Daniel Handler. An artistic narrator explains why she broke up with her popular boyfriend. Illustrated by Maira Kalman.

PAPER COVERS ROCK, Jenny Hubbard. A death by drowning, possibly accidental, and the paranoia that ensues at a boys' boarding school.

FAULT IN OUR STARS, John Green. Brilliant teens cope with terminal cancer brilliantly.

FIRST DAY ON EARTH, Cecil Castellucci, A loner who may or may not have once been abducted by aliens longs to return to space.

A MONSTER CALLS, Patrick Ness. Reality is worse than nightmares as a boy struggles to face up to the fact of his mother's impending death. Inspired by an idea from the late Siobhan Dowd; illustrated by Jim Kay.

And that's it! Now it's your turn:

WHAT HAVE YOU READ - SO FAR! - THAT YOU'D PUT ON A BEST-YA-OF-2012 LIST?
While I've got you on the line, I'd just like to mention that one of my own YA novels, THE TWIN'S DAUGHTER, is currently a Kindle bestseller, ranked #71 overall; #9 in YA overall; and #1 in YA mystery. I hope you'll consider giving it a look.

Be well. Don't forget to write.

4 comments:

J.PattersonPrada said...

This I a great site! Thanks!

Friv 2015 said...

I just want to say thanks for your wonderful post, it is contain a lot of knowledge and information that i needed right now. You really help me out my friend, thanks ! For more information about friv game, visit friv 5 - Unblocked games - Pou games - Little Pony games - friv 4

Unknown said...

First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks. Now i need to my blog, you can play, relax and fun with games at here friv 1000 - Friv 2 Juegos - Elsa games

friv 2 said...

I came across a website that is focused on discussing the value of traditional college degrees in the American educational system.
y3 Game | Y8 Game